Today is my birthday (yay!). It’s not a milestone birthday, so maybe it’s the fact that we’ve moved back home and my life feels as if it’s come full circle in a way that makes me think there a few things I think I might know.
- It’s great to be able to hire people to do things around the house that you don’t know how to do/don’t want to do. It’s also great to learn how to take care of your home, and see that you can do things—like change a license plate, like use a power washer—that you didn’t think you were capable of.
- With the proper motivation, there actually isn’t anything I’m not capable of.
- One of the traits I admire most in others and strive for in myself is integrity—that is, unity of thought, word, and action. My parents did a good job instilling respect for this in me. Thanks, guys.
- A key to success, I think, is not in having all the answers, but in being able to ask the right questions.
- Also, lemon cake with chocolate icing is DELICIOUS, whether or not it’s shaped like a helicopter.
Here’s to another blessed year!